Sunday, April 23, 2017

Just Because You Are Loud Does Not Mean You Are Right

One of the main reasons I have started to write this blog was that half the Internet is covered in anti-circumcision propaganda and I think my opinion is just as valid as the next guy’s.
After I was cut I have perceived it as a big improvement and I have assumed that in countries where circumcision was common and most males were cut as a matter of procedure that surely would result in increased overall happiness.
As it turns out I was wrong to assume that just because I like it everyone would. To my great shock I have discovered that there are men who hate being circumcised, cannot stop complaining about it, and would go to any length to deface someone else’s idea of aesthetics imposed upon them by stretching the remaining skin to create some ersatz foreskin.
While I sympathize with one’s desire to have control over what happens to his own body the moment they have started to invent non-existent harms just to strengthen their case and support their cause they have lost me.
The arrogance when intactivists brainwash perfectly healthy young men who were happy with their circumcised penises into victimhood (promising unimaginable pleasures if they could just grow two extra inches of skin on their dicks) just for the purpose of recruiting the newly minted “victims” to their movement, it is beyond insanity.
The arrogance that they do not take ‘NO’ for an answer and insist that anyone who is not dissatisfied or outright angry with his circumcision must be in denial is just unconscionable.
I really just wanted to add my vote on the subject – even if blogging about it might be a bit overboard.
If you hate your circumcision I am sorry for you. But that does not mean that I cannot be happy about mine.
If you insist that I should feel mutilated and deprived of pleasure and if I don’t that proves that I am in denial then I am sorry but you have just lost me and we don’t have a common ground to even have a discussion on the subject.